In Memory of Sergei Makedonski

• 8 Jul 2020 5:24 PM
    Message # 9088374
    Kerry Hallard (Administrator)

It is with great sorrow that we share with you the sudden and far far too early passing of one of our founding members – Sergei Makedonski, President of Astra in Russia. Sergei was totally committed to the concept of the Council and thoroughly enthused about its potential. Sergei attended every weekly meeting in the run up to the launch of the Council – his last one being on 11 June. He passed away just four days later, on 15 June 2020 before the launch. The Council will always see and honour Sergei as a founding father.

Our sincere condolences go to his family -  his beautiful daughters who I met when in Moscow last December – and his colleagues. The loss can not be imagined, as Sergei was a larger than life character. He sure had some mad tendencies, but he smiled a lot, laughed a lot and fought for what he believed in a lot. He was the most passionate man, dedicated to this industry “outsourcing” and spent countless personal hours driving it forward. His energy was infectious. His passion clear. I was privileged to know him and have him attend GSA-UK conferences and I attend his – the last one being virtual on 9 June 2020.

We commemorate him as we announce this new Council and will host an award in his name every year to remember him.

Sadly lost but never forgotten.

Sergei Makedonski, 15 June 2020

1 file